CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Nesting...


So I had thought a few weeks ago that my nesting instinct was setting in...I can't sit still!! B was trying to get me to watch a movie the other night and only about 30 mins into it I began focusing on what I could/should be doing. I couldn't sit there any longer so I started in with the laundry and numerous other things.

This past weekend we finish up all of our shopping, well at least the things I know we HAVE to have the day Bug comes home. As I mentioned before, or I think I did, we are cloth diapering I found ONE store in the city that sells cloth diapers and accessories. Yea, you read right ONE! I knew going into it that it has become quite rare to find a cloth diapering momma but I was quite disappointed to find out that there is only ONE store near us. They do carry just about everything we will need, but of course the variety is slim. I suppose we will have to use the Internet to experiment with different brands. For those of you who do cloth diaper, here is my stash for when Bug arrives please leave ANY advice!!

24 newborn AIO (all-in-ones)
12 infant PF (prefolds)
1 x-small Thirsties cover
4 size 1 Thirsties duo covers
2 small Thirsites covers
40 Terry/flannel wipes
2 pail liners
1 wet bag (for diaper bag)



I have intentions to make approx. 12 small fitteds, my pattern's small is 11-22 lbs. I might make more depending on time. I am still thinking I need to get 12 more premium PF's just to have ready, because after I washed the infant ones I became concerned as to how long they will last (they REALLY shrink).

I have also ordered Booty Cubes, a solution for wipes. I ordered a sample package that per the WAHM who made them should last for quite a while. I can't wait to make the first batch because the cubes smell amazing, I just have to decide what scent to start with! (If I was super techie I could figure out how to highlight Booty Cubes and send you to her site, but I am not so if you want it leave me a comment and I will get it to you)

Other than stocking the changing table, I have washed EVERYTHING that looked remotely washable this weekend. B kept pulling stuff out of the dryer complaining that Bug wasn't even here to dirty stuff yet.

This week I have been working on putting everything together. The dresser FINALLY showed up today, YAY! Everything that goes in it is patiently waiting on the floor.

Soon I will add photos of the room and maybe a belly pic or two.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara- Just realized you had started blogging! :) (BTW, to make a link to words, you highlight the words and then click on the little world icon that has a chain link in front of it. You paste the web address in there and ta da!! To add pictures, click on the little mountain scene and upload your pics there.) You're little one will be here soon!! Yeah!

    ReplyDelete