CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Home Sweet Home




At 1:15pm on March 24, we were finally on our way home! We had been released earlier in the morning, but Coen had a few tests that had to be ran for his billirubin levels. Everything came back within the normal range so we were out the door!

Of course, B and I were both terrified of driving with Coen but I think every parent has that "first car ride" fear. I sat in the back seat just incase he woke up during the 45 min drive. Before we pulled out of the parking lot I will never forget B's comment, he turned to me and looked at the car seat and said, "Ugh, we have to get on the interstate and go 70 miles an hour." It was his first 'fatherly' comment that made me realize how different a mother and father's roles can be.

While we both have the same fears and concerns we view everything differently. B's biggest concern was protecting Coen from the outside world. (Yep, all of you :) ) He hated the idea of him being on the interstate and being vunerable to the semi's and other vehicles. My biggest concern with car ride was Coen waking up and being terrified because he wouldn't know where he was or waking up and being hungry. I knew B was driving so I wasn't worried about the dangers of the road. It was at that moment that I realized we both played the parent part pretty well, B could handle the protection part and me well I could take on making sure Coen was happy. Of course over the next few days we would both learn all of the different avenues to Coen's well being.








No comments:

Post a Comment